10 Unexpected ways to look younger
As the legend goes, Spanish explorer Ponce de León blazed a trail across the Florida landscape in search of the Fountain of Youth. Apparently, people believed a magical collection of waters possessed the ability to restore a person’s youth. As you may already know, it has yet to be found. Ever since, this pursuit has continued in one way or another. Men and women alike desire to hold onto the life and vitality felt in younger years.
While you may not be able to literally reverse the hands of time, you can take various actions to look younger. I offer ten suggestions:
1. Smile / laugh – The younger you are in life, the more carefree life seems. Think about kids. They laugh and smile a lot. The more you smile, the younger you look. So smile often, especially in your interactions with others.
2. Stretch and exercise – Your improved circulation, flexibility, and weight loss will cause you to look livelier. It will also keep you looking spry and young. For fun ways to exercise and lose weight, read 6 fun ways to lose weight.
3. Lift weights – I thought about including this in number 2, but it is so important. The added muscle will present you as strong, healthy and vibrant. Further, you will find yourself with stronger bones and a longer life.
4. Shave – Think baby face. Kids have no facial hair. In the same way, a clean shave will make you look younger. For more on the benefits of a shave, read The case for a clean shaven face.
5. Get a tan – Go out and get some sun. It’s as easy as yard work without a shirt, a day at the pool or a good game of golf. Please, don’t overdo it. Steer clear of an orange leather face. And, be careful not to damage your skin. Remember to stay hydrated in the hot sun.
6. Wear jeans – They convey youth as well as both physical work and play – in short, an active lifestyle. They are meant for getting your hands dirty, for action, and for function. And if you pay attention, you will notice an abundance of young examples of vibrant men in jeans in Hollywood.
7. Wear a t-shirt at times – Think Marlin Brando and James Dean. I recommend a well fitted black crew neck.
8. Refresh your wardrobe – Cycle out old looking styles.
9. Get a regular haircut – And, while you are at it, consider a change in hairstyle on occasion. For more on rethinking your hair, read Interview with my barber.
10. Get sleep! – Tired men look and feel older. Don’t wear yourself out. Sleep adds pep in your step.
Also, eat healthy, eliminate stress, improve your spiritual state, and take care of your skin. Overall, if you think, act, and feel young, you will portray a youthful appearance.