Fashionable gift card ideas for men
Christmas, the most wonderful time of the year, has crept up on us. So once again we sail an explorer’s sea vessel through the ocean of deals and shopping. We search for that perfect gift. We hunt for a present matched to its recipient with care. Now, why is it certain people can place in your hand the exact right gift? And other people find that one item you would never want even if you needed something to burn to keep warm in the wilderness?
In truth, you don’t need a rocket scientist by your side to hash out the formula. How can you give a perfectly matched fashionable gift to a man? Show him you put a lot of thought into it and then let him choose for himself. Believe it or not, you can achieve this through a gift card. Sound a bit cold? Possibly – if you throw the card into an envelope with nothing more than his name on the front.
The thing that makes a present great is the care, consideration, and time of the presenter. You’ve heard it enough times – “It’s the thought …” If you know what he wants, get it for him. If not, get him a gift card with a well thought out explanation of how he can use it. I offer five fashionable gift card suggestions:
1. Tailor – many men overlook the need to alter clothes to a proper fit. A gift card may be just what they require to nudge them in the right direction. If the person wears fitted clothes, he will appreciate the gift. This explanation can jumpstart your thinking – “I have always considered you a stylish person, so I knew you would appreciate the work of tailors. The most fashionable people I know wear tailored clothes.”
2. Department store – They display many brands and offer a variety of options for a man in search of a specific item. The wide range of options makes it one of the more important gift cards to consider.
3. Custom made clothes – A gift “tailor-made” to the liking of the recipient. It allows a man to create a shirt or pants or suit the way he wants it. He gets the color, pattern, and especially the fit to make him look great. Try a card from a company like Indochino.com or Moderntailor.com. You can tell the recipient – “I wanted to get you a stylish shirt (or sweater or pants or whatever). Nothing I could buy will fit you as well as a shirt custom made for you. So, I am giving you a gift you can make the way you want it made.”
4. Shoe repair / polish – Men should take care of their shoes. If you see the gift card receiver wears really nice well kept shoes, show him you noticed with a gift card for dress shoe repair and/or polish.
5. Something unique to the person – Give a gift card for something he specifically loves. For example, maybe he really likes a particular brand. Or, maybe he loves cars – you can get him a card to buy a stylish pair of driving shoes from a shoe store.
In the end, make sure to personalize the gift card. The more elaborate your thoughtfulness, the more meaningful it seems. Have fun in your search.